It’s not news that most people would like to lose weight and how difficult that can be, with or without diet and exercise.
That’s why there are so many supplements available to help you with that problem of losing weight. However, how do you know if the synthetic ingredients in many of them are safe?
Well, ProVen could be that weight-loss supplement you’ve been looking for, made of safe, all-natural ingredients. There are plenty of positive reviews for this supplement.
Let me give you a complete review of ProVen to show exactly how it works and what it will do for you.
Why Try ProVen
ProVen, developed by NutraVesta, is a supplement that will detoxify your body and aid in weight loss. The best part is that it’s made totally from natural ingredients, with no synthetic fillers or substances.
Therefore, if you’re concerned about taking weight-loss supplements that contain chemicals, you would have no worries with ProVen. Everything is natural and unlikely to cause any serious side-effects.
To be clear though, it’s not a miracle pill that will absolutely burn those extra pounds away. ProVen is for those people who have possibly reached a plateau with their diet and exercise and just want a little nudge to help the last few extra pounds fall off quicker.
As mentioned earlier, it was developed and is manufactured by NutraVesta, a fairly new company itself. Unfortunately, not much can be found on this Colorado based company, but even the top companies didn’t have much information available when they started.
They do promise that all their products (though ProVen appears to be their first and only at this time) are GMP certified (Good Manufacturing Process) and that their factory is registered with the FDA.
With that in mind let’s take a look and some pros and cons.
- Ingredients are natural and non-toxic
- Contains a wide variety of vitamins and plant extracts
- Multiple health benefits are probable
- Manufacturing facility is FDA registered
- Discounts available on bulk orders
- Free shipping in the US, while shipping is available worldwide
- Lack of product information available on the NutraVest website
- ProVen is only available for purchase online at the official website
ProVen’s formula consists of over fourteen ingredients, all from natural sources. It includes:
- BIOFLAVONOIDS – Compounds that are found in certain fruits, vegetables and plants. They are often simply called flavonoids. They are said to have potent antioxidant properties that protect your cells from oxidative damage caused by toxic substances know as free radicals.
ProVen sources its bioflavonoids from red raspberries, grape and pomegranate seeds, olive leaves, marine pine bark, Graviola and quercetin.
- GREEN TEA EXTRACT – An excellent source of antioxidants, which explains the popularity of dringking green tea for health benefits.
- BETA-GLUCAN – This is a dietary fiber derived from oat and barley grains. Fiber is effective for two reasons. First, the fiber binds to the fat molecules in your body’s digestive system, so both the fiber and trapped fat pass through you without being processed.
Second, fiber is not able to be digested and keeps you feeling full for long periods of time, negating hunger pains.
- TUMERIC – This popular spice has many medicinal benefits. It is one of the best food sources of curcumin, another powerful antioxidant that also has anti-inflammatory effects. One thing to note of curcumin is that it doesn’t have much bioavailability, meaning your body can’t absorb much by itself.
- ESSIAC TEA COMPLEX – A herbal tea that is said to remove toxins from your body, boost immune function, and even purportedly kill cancer cells.
This was said to be first used by the aboriginal people of North America as a natural remedy for several illnesses.
The tea is made up of different herbs, such as Indian rhubarb, sheep sorrel, slippery elm and burdock root.
- MUSHROOM COMPLEX – A combination blend of powdered shiitake, reishi and maitake mushrooms. This combo of mushrooms can lower your cholesterol, aid in weight loss, maintain your immune system health and improve your mood.
- ARABINOGALACTAN – Despite being a mouthful to say, it is a starch-like substance found in many types of plants, but the highest concentrations are in larch trees.
It is a dietary fiber that ferments in your intestines, promoting good digestive health. It can increase the beneficial bacteria in your gut and be considered an immune booster, as well as a treatment for different illnesses.
- CAT’S CLAW – A vine that grows in the tropics of central and south America. The thorns are curved like a cat’s claw, explaining the name.
It has been used as a natural remedy for many years by those people, treating viral infections, peptic ulcers and other gut illnesses.
- GARLIC – This is exactly what you know it to be. It’s aromatically strong, zesty and is included in many different dishes. Also, besides fighting off vampires, it does have some medicinal worth.
Garlic can be used to help treat high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and the common cold.
- PANAX GINSENG – This is also referred to as Asian ginseng. It is considered to be more energizing than other types of ginseng.
For most, it has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and helps to lower blood sugar, while strengthening the immune system.
- LYCOPENE – A type of pigment that gives fruits their reddish color.
There have been a few studies that say Lycopene may help to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- SELENIUM – An element found in some foods and also used as a dietary supplement. It is essential for making certain proteins.
The proteins are an integral part of certain human biological processes, like reproduction, DNA production, prevention of oxidative damage, and metabolizing the thyroid hormones.
- VITAMIN C – If you’ve ever wondered why Vitamin C is considered important, it’s because the human body can’t produce it on it’s own. It’s an essential vitamin that must be received through food sources.
It is an antioxidant that helps your body produce other vital substances like collagen and L-carnitine.
- VITAMIN E – This is an antioxidant that will support your immune function and help to maintain proper metabolic process.
How Does ProVen Work
ProVen uses a complex formula, made up of several plant extracts and some essential vitamins. The extracts are primarily included for their antioxidant effects.
It’s been studied that antioxidants are definitely something people need to heal cell damage, and can help in weight loss. There has been evidence of a link between oxidative damage and obesity, so reducing the amount of oxidative damage, could help in losing some extra weight.
The fiber in this supplement is what keeps you feeling full and not hungry, thereby keeping you from taking in extra amounts of fat.
Also, the ginseng has caffeine, which is a stimulant that will increase your energy levels, enabling you to exercise more.
While turmeric is an ingredient, it is not effective without an activating agent (any substance that increases the bioavailability of another ingredient) and there doesn’t seem to be any common activating agent to make the turmeric effective.
Benefits of Using ProVen
- Contains lots of antioxidants, a vital part of good cell health, in addition to aiding in weight loss
- Contains dietary fiber, a definite aid in weight loss
- Contains two essential vitamins, C and E, for overall good health
- All ingredients are from natural sources and are non-toxic
- Designed to improve your immune function and help resist illness
- Helps to improve your energy levels and make you feel more alert during the day
Well, with natural, non-toxic ingredients, you would expect there to be no side effects. However, I guess you can never say never, because improper use, (taking more than the suggested dosage) may cause some side effect.
Any type of overdose would almost surely cause unexpected harmful results. Vitamins C and E have been known to be toxic if they reach high enough levels in your body.
Every individual is different, so reactions will be different. It’s just suggested not to exceed the recommended daily dosage.
Where to Get ProVen
NutraVesta will only sell ProVen on their official website. While this potentially limits availability, they want to cut out the retail middleman and keep the overall costs as low as possible. They do ship worldwide though.
The price is $67 per bottle, however discounts are available with bulk purchases. If you are in the U.S. and purchase more than 1 bottle, they promise free shipping.
They also offer a 60-day full refund (less shipping costs) if you’re not satisfied with the product. Be sure to keep all containers, even if empty, because the return of all containers is a requirement for the full refund.
It’s a new product, from a new company, but with all kinds of rave reviews, and great internet buzz, I would say it’s worth checking out.
It’s a natural supplement, so it’s highly unlikely to have any negative side effects. For a little bit of your hard-earned money, you may lose those last stubborn extra pounds, becoming healthier than you are at this time.
It’s popular convention that antioxidants are great for a healthy lifestyle, so with the many antioxidants in ProVen, it can increase your overall good health because of that as well.
Lastly, if it doesn’t work for you, you can get a refund and have only lost a little bit of time.